TRANSFORMING THE OLD FIRESTATION COMMUNITY CENTRE
Please join us to find out more about our exciting plans for the renovation and restoration of this landmark building.
On Saturday 28th January, 10am-2.30pm
at Growing Communities Farmers Market,
St Pauls Church, Stoke Newington Road, N16 7UY
Come and meet the trustees and the architects involved in our planning application, where you can look at the plans, ask any questions you may have and give feedback.
Alternately browse the information below and submit comments online.
What are we doing?
The Old Firestation obtained funding from the Architectural Heritage Fund for Viability and Development studies and appointed architects and consultants to work with our tenants, users, stakeholders and community to thoroughly investigate the building and its potential.
Our initial study triggered £800,000 of essential roof and parapet repairs from Hackney Council (ending Spring 2023)
Through further consultations Pringle Sharratt Richards Architects (responsible for Springfield Park and Victoria Albert Museum redevelopments) have identified key priorities and developed outline plans for planning approval which, if secured, will form the basis of a larger future funding bid. Highlights include:
– Sensitive renovations to existing historic features
– Increased accessibility including a redesigned ground floor
– A new reception/entrance and addition of a lift serving all floors
– Energy efficiency, futureproofing with new heating, solar, insulation and double glazing
– Derelict third floor updated into new community space
– Additional outdoor terraces including for childrens’ play
– Better storage, flooring and lighting, new WC’s, a communal kitchen and tea points